Saturday, April 21, 2007

Abandonment Angst

I was talking to my friend today, I was feeling very distant from myself.

So we reviewed my mood chart. The online daily record of my mood

Mildly elevated

Moderately elevated

Severely elevated

Baseline

Mildly depressed

Moderately depressed

Severely depressed

Mild anxiety

Moderate anxiety

Severe anxiety

Mild irritability

Moderate irritability

Severe irritability

Menstruating

Medication taken

Additional comments

Three weeks of my emotions recorded on the world wide web @ moodtracker.com right under

Learn More

Roll over this ad to find a checklist that helps

Identify common symptoms so you talk to your Doctor

Cymbalta

I was dis@&#@*co n@&#@nected. My friend who is psychic tuned into me. I was hiding in someone’s heart, she said. I said there was something under the surface, tickling, like scraping nails against a board, the inside of my chest. While I studied the cartilage and muscle of dog’s larynx. Every so often, the nails tickle my chest cavity, get my attention and then scrape. The noise is heard by every part of my body.

It’s 30 Cooutside, I’m lying on my couch, my books surrounding me, a water bottle next to me, in front of my heater, wrapped in a blanket.

Phoenix my cat, climbs over me, like I’m not there. I watch a movie on my computer. The doorbell rings a few times. I do not get up.

I finish the movie, and in my chest her nails are scraping (I know anatomically the sensation cannot exist, but right now my consciousness perceives my chest as a hollow space with no organs). Her nails tickle the walls, moving against these tiny bumps, vibrating them, making them resonate in my chest in unison.

I vibrate internally

No thoughts

No feeling, only sensations

Physical

Simple

Panic triggered, I recall:

My best friend from high school.

Phoenix jumps up, someone is outside the apartment. The bell rings again. Her nails dig deeply into the walls of my chest.

I do not open, I recall:

“I can’t handle this, I can’t watch you doing this to yourself”

Moving on and away from me

My parents, their shields coming up holding me back at a safe distance

Mary (ex-partner who cheated on me) hiding deeper into her own misery to escape mine.

Resilient friends, who would pull away and return once the cloud of teenage morbid gloom lifts away.

I panic, because my current girlfriend (long distance), I’m not sure what else to call her despite the fact that that label throws me in a state of panic, is frowning at me.

Arms crossed, teeth clenched.

Well in my head she is at least, whether I’m projecting or not.

Lying pathetically on my side, not getting up. I feel this sense of failure overwhelm me. I can her in my head to the rhythm of the scarping lady’s nails, not blaming me with her words but the nails dig deeper and tear,

She says,

I really love you

Or

I love you so much

Or

I love you very much

Or

I love you a lot

But

I can’t handle you when you get like this, I’m sorry I can’t be with you anymore

Not an irrational fear based on past experiences with humans in close emotional proximity

I want to COMMUNICATE,

but the scraping lady’s nails plucked my recurrent laryngeal nerve and I

whimper

11 comments:

Rapid Cycle Gal said...

Thanks for putting my on your blogroll. I find your blog intresting and will be stopping by.

Take care!

Sarah said...

hey thanks for dropping by your blog is VERY interesting...
What meds do you take??
and i'm sure both of us will undergo school again and we'll do fine..

Baham Abu Sarj said...

I find your blogs really interesting as well. thanks for dropping by

sarah: I'm not on meds, in a few days i'll be posting about how i manage my bipolar, last time i was on meds was 1.5 years ago and it was only for a short time. when i was 19 u was heavily medicated for 2.5 years and then decided to explore other options.
Oh my school is a pain in the ass right now, but its fine, i'm trying not to let my desire for perfection stress me out. Its midterm week. :)

Bleeding Heart said...

Cool Blog! I love how you did that...

Thanks for stopping by my blog:)

tiara said...

Hey Bam,
Great blog!!
Thanks for the comment on mine, I needed a good laugh!!

Sarah said...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAM
your blog REMAINS COOL BTW...
you're CRA-ZY look at me HYPOMANICED AND taking meds NONE the less.
What IS YOUR major?? WHY IS IT so stressing??
CAN YOU PLEASE ANswer on My blog bec ause it's not too often that I Check replies on the blogs of others!!!
DID YOU LIKE THE FACT that I tried to do in my COMMENT what you do on you BLOG

ashmc2 said...

I ‘m more impressed the farther read. Your style is different and I find it alluring.

Later, Ash out…

Anonymous said...

Wow! This was trully an amazing, educating post! Thank you soo much for posting! :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.49ersonlineofficialstore.com/carlos_rogers_jersey_super_bowl]Carlos Rogers Jersey[/url] emurbursofs
[url=http://www.patriotsfootballprostore.com/aaron_hernandez_jersey_super_bowl]Aaron Hernandez Jersey[/url] TynckeyncBype
[url=http://www.footballravensprostore.com/lardarius_webb_jersey_super_bowl]Lardarius Webb Jersey[/url] Proonseorek

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.footballravensprostore.com/]Ravens Super Bowl Jersey[/url] emurbursofs
[url=http://www.patriotsfootballprostore.com/logan_mankins_jersey_super_bowl]Logan Mankins Jersey[/url] TynckeyncBype
[url=http://www.patriotsfootballprostore.com/aaron_hernandez_jersey_super_bowl]Aaron Hernandez Jersey[/url] Proonseorek

Anonymous said...

http://louisvuittonpurses.naturallynails.com louis vouitton bags example greenery hearsay stoles for men node jury neverfull louis vuitton tiny louis vuitton 2011 bags http://louisvuittonshoes.naturallynails.com