Monday, May 7, 2007

Not a paperclip

This is not a paper clip

It’s a plate

With white rice, ensheathed with oil

Catching

A reflection of light, but nothing

Else

Compacted grains

I take a forkful then

Push

The

Grains

Back

To

Maintain

The shape

This time I don’t watch my hands

Because this is not a paper clip

It’s a 4 fingered metal extension of my hand.

It has a pattern

It’s made in Japan

And it doesn’t have scars laced with memories

Its pretty dumb this whole utensil thing, except right now it’s saving me from having to wash my hands.

A cafeteria means:

Someone cooks and someone cleans

And that someone is not me

I just have to stand behind the counter load my tray and pay

Find a table

On any other day I would have probably ranted about our alienation from our food, today, I’m just fucking happy that I don’t have to do jackshit

2 comments:

txandi prost said...

angustia in the cafeteria: you.
hard-water-controlling-fision in the supermarket: me.
horror en el hipermercado: alaska y los pegamoides.

~t~

Baham Abu Sarj said...

Supermarkets: oh my, there's nothing that i hate more, than rows and rows of consumer goods.. no one understands the anxiety i feel at supermarkets. Nice piece btw